Chiropractic care is health maintenance of the spinal column, discs, related nerves and bone geometry without drugs or surgery. It involves the art and science of adjusting misaligned joints of the body, especially of the spine, which reduces spinal nerve stress and therefore promotes health throughout the body.
X-Rays taken at our facility
It is policy to have X-rays taken and reviewed for any patient before a spinal adjustment, unless you can provide recent films. The purpose of this is to rule out any pathology (such as a fracture or tumor), and also, they can assist the chiropractor in directing his/her adjustment of the spine.
Adjustments (Including during pregnancy)
Regular spinal adjustments can restore and maintain balance within your body, and can benefit healthy bodies as well. The range of an adjustment is from your cervical, to thoracic, to your lumbar spine (about your neck to your hips).
Adjustments for women who are pregnant includes using techniques that avoid pressure on the abdomen. We will also provide you with stretches and exercises that are safe and beneficial to use during pregnancy.
During pregnancy, there are several physiological and endocrinological changes that occur in preparation for creating the environment for the developing baby. The following changes could result in a misaligned spine or joints:
- Protruding abdomen and increased back curve
- Pelvic changes
- Postural adaptations
After you are evaluated and given a treatment plan, we provide a range of exercises designed to increase range of motion and decrease pain in joints, muscles and bones.
Electro-therapy is the use of an electrical current to stimulate nerves and muscles through the skin in order to provide pain relief and increase range of joint movement. It stimulates muscles and nerves to improve function, and has the therapeutic benefit of relaxing tissues to bring about alleviation of pain.
We provide massages as part of all of our treatment plans. We following are a range of benefits of massage therapy:
- Alleviate low-back pain and improve range of motion.
- Assist with shorter, easier labor for expectant mothers and shorten maternity hospital stays.
- Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow—the body's natural defense system.
- Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles.
- Help athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts.
- Increase joint flexibility.
- Lessen depression and anxiety.
- Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks.
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation.
- Reduce spasms and cramping.
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles.
- Relieve migraine pain.